1.8K views

From Eddie Bauer website http://www.eddiebauer.com/custserv/customer-service-our-guarantee.jsp OUR GUARANTEE Every Item we sell will give you complete satisfaction or you may return it for a full refund.™ Refund not always authorized and rarely full. You most keep your receipt, not remove any tag and then it is up to the office of the president that deals with refunds and exchanges to decide if they accept the item and that its not what they consider normal wear and tear.

That does not sound like an unconditional lifetime guarantee. Its false advertisement.

The representative that I was talking to stated that I good use my old credit card bill that showed a purchase from eddie bauer and I would get the refund. After waiting was told that is not policy and they would not honor it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Eddie Bauer Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

NauticalBichonFrise540

Eddie Bauer recently (and discreetly) got rid of their lifetime guarantee. I used the Wayback Machine to narrow it down to sometime between March 27, 2019 and May 30, 2019. That explains why I haven't received refunds on certain items, the last few months, even though I bought my items when the guarantee was still in effect.

Agreed - My Skyliner coat was tearing at the seams. I have worn it about forty or so times per year for the last five years.

I brought it back, got the run-around, and eventually they reluctantly offered me $45 in store credit.

I paid over $200 for the coat. I just pointed to the policy they had written on the wall and read it to them, and they just ignored it and told me that that was only for zippers.

I agree, I have a coat that the zipper catches all the time and they offered me $20 credit to get another coat. That is in NO WAY a 100% guarantee.

I have been a long time Eddie Bauer customer until today. Because I did not keep my receipt from a purchase, they would not honor the replacement or return. No such thing as unconditional guarantee - misleading and definitely a rip-off policy.