I've had the most epic, awful customer service experience with Eddie Bauer and there literally seems to be no one who can resolve it. I ordered a pair of shoes in December.

When they arrived, they were the wrong size and so I exchanged and spoke to customer service asking that they be sent to a different address. The exchange took over a month, so the shoes arrived after we had moved to a different apartment, and were automatically returned without me receiving them. I called again and spent over an hour on the phone with customer service and finally asked for a refund. I was notified today that I've been sent a merchandise credit.

After three additional calls to customer service today, I've been told that I can't get a refund, for shoes that I ordered almost two months ago, and never have received or worn. The guarantee suggests a full refund if customers are not fully satisfied, and yet here I am two months and countless hours later with a merchandise credit and no desire to use it.

I spent hours on the phone with various customer service representatives. Three different times, calls were disconnected.

Twice, I was on the phone for over 30 minutes, and once for over an hour.

Finally, I was notified that I was getting a merchandise credit and there was nothing else they can do, which I just don't believe is true.

Unfortunately, at this point, my only recourse is to complain loudly to anyone who will listen. It's really been an awful experience.

Comments

If you haven't tried already, I would suggest going into a store and asking the store manager to personally contact customer service from a store phone right in front of you. Even though several months have passed, they may still be able to help you as long as you have not already used the store credit. Customer service tends to following instructions of store managers.