Gaithersburg, Maryland

"I had a horrible, most disappointing experience with Eddie Bauer. Bought a down jacket for my father who lives in Germany.

Paid all the taxes, customs duties and express shipping that doubled the price of the item. No other charges were advertised or even hinted at, otherwise I would have paid those too. Made the order well in advance, Nov 21st, so that he would be able to get his jacket for his birthday which was December 1. On Nov 30 the jacket was delivered, but my step-mother was asked to pay an extra 80 euro if she wanted to receive the jacket.

She saw the receipt that I sent so was sure it was a scam. As a result, the jacket went back or nowhere, for all I know. On December 3, I checked the tracking info and it said that the jacket was delivered Dec 2. I called my father -- of course, nothing was delivered!

The huge charge is still on my credit card, and my father did not get his birthday present. I called Eddie Bauer several times, but did not get a reasonable explanation and was hung up on several times. Wrote to the corporate headquarters twice and got no response. Called the corporate headquarters and left a message -- still nothing.

This is absolutely outrageous. Shame on you, Eddie Bauer!!!

If you are in international shipping, you should know any hidden charges and advertise them to your clients. I am a Gold member with Eddie Bauer, but after this experience -- NEVER AGAIN!!!"

Reason of review: undisclosed charges to beneficiary.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Eddie Bauer Pros: Quality.

Eddie Bauer Cons: Service, Shipping, Hidden charges, Undisclosed charges, Poor dispute tools, Conflicting information, Poor response, Hanging up.

• international shipping charges

Comments

The very instructive fact is none of of the issues have been resolved, so just keep complaining -- no one is paying attention.