San Diego, California
Resolved
2.1

After purchasing these shoes from Bauers La Jolla, CA store on Oct. 1, 2015, and with assurances both from Bauer literature and store sales people that this shoe was WATERPROOF, at first rain I found that this shoe was not waterproof but was in fact like a sieve for water.

Two months after purchasing when I found the waterproof misrepresentation, I tried to return to the La Jolla store to find it was closed. Returned to Bauer via mail and after about a month received a credit for Bauer merchandise, not a refund as requested and the credit was $14 short of my purchase price. After several phone calls to Bauer I was assured each time that the correct amount would be credited my Visa card. After another extended period, my card was credited but was again $14 short of my purchase price.

Each call made wasted my time and the incompetence shown by each Bauer rep and their supervisors I experienced was indeed profound. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THESE SHOES IF WATERPROOF IS IMPORTANT AND IF EVER SHOES OR PROBABLY ANY MERCHANDISE IS NEEDED TO BE RETURNED, DON'T BE SURPRISED TO BE CHEATED BY INCOMPENTENT STAFF AS I WAS.

WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN. MUCH MUCH BETTER SEVICE AND MERCHANDISE FROM REI.

Reason of review: Shortchanged on merchandise refund.

Comments