Boston, Massachusetts
1.5

Eddie Bauer's messages indicating shipment are complete fraud. It means they may (not necessarily) be ready to process an order but maybe not.

A week later they indicate that it is FedEx's fault and can do nothing for ten days until after "promised" delivery, so 19 or 20 days total. FedEx tracking provides status, in this case only transmittal of shipping information, not any actual activity on the package.

Eddie Bauer's customer service agents lie brazenly about how the package was shipped and it is FedEx's fault for not updating or delivering merchandise ordered, paid for, and confirmed by Eddie Bauer. "Customer Service" just lies and will do nothing.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Eddie Bauer Cons: Poor response.

Comments

I am having a similar experience. I've spoken to several customer service reps who either don't know how to read fedex.com tracking website or are brazenly lying about it.

I ordered last week and the only thing that has happened is that the label has been created. That's it. Eddie Bauer reps "promise" (they said this several times) that the package has shipped and are blaming FedEx, saying this happens "all the time" when Fed Ex fails to scan the package. Why has this NEVER happened to me before with other online companies who use Fed Ex?

I've always found FedEx to be extremely reliable and accurate.

I'm so disappointed with Eddie Bauer. Now I just hope I eventually receive my coat and don't lose a lot of $$.